With summer in full swing, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch invites groups to escape the boardrooms and retire from their cubicles for an unparalleled outdoor retreat this summer. Corporate groups and travelers alike can trade in their typical nine-to-five predictable routine for exciting, interactive activities and alfresco adventures surrounded by the stunning Rocky Mountains. Take in a breath of fresh mountain air with a mindful yoga and meditation session among the wildflowers, aim for a hole-in-one on world-class golf courses, host a productive meeting in a historical venue, and experience a fresh approach to the “board meeting in the mountains” concept.
Group Naturalist Offerings
Led by the resort’s expert Resident Naturalists, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch features a variety of exciting activities for groups of all sizes. From private group hikes in the resort’s backyard, to interactive arts and crafts, to hands-on cooking classes, and much more, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch provides an innovative twist on team-building and group offerings. Experiences include:
- Lager and Leatherworking – Guests can indulge in the spirit of the Wild West as they learn to stamp leather using a variety of lettering fonts and designs while sampling a flight of Colorado microbrew beers and take home a custom key fob, luggage tag, bookmark, or bracelet to commemorate the trip.
- Whiskey and Woodburning – Using a wood burning tool, guests can etch a custom design or use letters and numbers to brand a special message into a wooden cutting board or a set of four Colorado Aspen wood coasters. During the process, participants can indulge in a flavorful whiskey cocktail.
- Painting and Pinot – Artists of all abilities can enjoy sipping wine and step-by-step instructions to create a painting inspired by the majestic alpine scenery. Each painting is designed to reflect the seasonal beauty of Colorado’s mountains.
- Eco Cooking Class – Whip up a delicious and healthy meal using the power of the sun and human strength! Guests begin by mixing a pitcher of fresh squeezed lemonade, then assemble personal pizzas and cook them outside in an amazing solar powered oven. The final step is to make a delicious batch of organic, custom-flavor ice cream.
- Peaceful Practice – Fully embrace the tranquility of Bachelor Gulch while hiking to a peaceful spot for a yoga and meditation practice among the Aspen trees and Colorado wildflowers. Afterward, enjoy warm and comforting herbal tea or a refreshing pressed juice along with fresh fruit and panoramic views of the valley. Finally, return to the resort feeling calm, grounded, and far from the frenzied energy of everyday life.
- Private Wildflower Hike – Led by the resort’s Resident Naturalist, groups of all sizes can embark on an outdoor expedition to explore the hundreds of wildflower varietals, including the Colorado state flower, the Rocky Mountain Columbine that can be spotted just steps outside of The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch all while learning how to identify certain types of wildflowers, along with their characteristics and function.
- Treasure Hunt Expedition – On this group-based adventure, team members work together to solve puzzles and decipher clues on a scavenger hunt that leads to a hidden treasure chest. Along the way, hikers will learn navigation and outdoor skills before panning for real jewels and gemstones.
- Sunset Stroll – Set off on a twilight excursion to watch the sunset and the night sky fill with stars. The resort’s Resident Naturalists will bring the emerging celestial wonders to life through Native American legends and fascinating scientific revelations.
Previously home to one of Bachelor Gulch’s original settlers in the 1900s, Anderson’s Cabin is a highlight of the resort’s collection of unique resort experiences. Rich in history and nestled among the Aspen trees, Anderson’s Cabin provides an intimate, one-of-a-kind setting for private gatherings and group events. Guests can enjoy the lush meadow just steps outside the cabin, and at night, gather around the campfire and listen to stories about the history of Bachelor Gulch told by the resort’s Resident Naturalists. Anderson’s Cabin can accommodate up to 50 guests in the summer months and features gourmet, family-style culinary offerings to complete the rustic mountain experience.
In addition to its cozy venues, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch offers spaces designed for larger groups and events. The Grand Lawn – located at the base of Bachelor Gulch Express (Chairlift 16) with stunning views of the hillside, Rocky Mountains, and stately log cabin resort – is the perfect outdoor area for large soirees, corporate functions, weddings, and much more. The 60 x 80 square-foot space can accommodate up to 400 guests for a seated, ceremony-style event and up to 300 for reception-style events. Set against the breathtaking Rocky Mountain backdrop under the famous blue bird sky, the Grand Lawn offers a uniquely Colorado take on the classic board room-style meeting and event space.
World-Class Golf Courses
Beaver Creek Mountain is not only known for some of the best skiing in North America, yet it also boasts some of the top-rated golf courses in the country. The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch – recently awarded a 2017 Golf Digest Editor’s Choice Award for “Best Resort – Rockies/Great Plains” and named a “Top Western U.S. Golf Resort” by Condé Nast Traveler – offers access to the finest Vail Valley and Beaver Creek golf courses, including the Tom Fazio and Greg Norman courses at the exclusive Red Sky Golf Club, rated “Top 100 Courses to Play” by GOLF Magazine. Other nearby courses include the Sonnenalp Golf Club, Gypsum Creek Golf Club, Eagle-Vail Golf Club, Vail Golf Club and Eagle Ranch Golf Club. With the picturesque Rocky Mountains in the background and several world-class golf courses situated conveniently around the resort, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is an impressive summer destination for golf-lovers and outdoor adventurers alike.
For more information on summer group activities, event space rates and availability, and package offerings, please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/colorado/bachelor-gulch or dial the resort at 970-748-6200.