Barrett-Jackson will take center stage this week in Scottsdale with an Automobilia docket filled with rare and exquisite pieces from around the world including Lot #9499, a full-size transportation-themed carousel manufactured by Wilhelm Hennecke of Germany in 1957. Hundreds of authentic automobilia items, ranging from vintage service station displays to pedal cars and gas pump globes, will be offered at no reserved during the 47th Annual Scottsdale Auction, January 13-21, 2018, at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
“Barrett-Jackson auctions have become the barometer of the collector car market, as well as for those seeking authentic automobilia pieces to add to their collection,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Over the past 16 years, our auctions have come to represent the most sought-after automobilia from across the world. We’ve set numerous world auction records for automobilia recently, and I’m confident we’ll continue that legacy with the incredible items set to cross the block this week.”
Among the most anticipated automobilia pieces crossing the block is a full-size transportation-themed carousel (Lot #9499), which is the only Wilhelm Hennecke automotive-related carousel to exist in North America today. A fully functional item, which is beautifully constructed with 27 hand-built transportation-related vehicles, it is one of only five imported to the United States and Canada in the 1950s. The auction will also feature the Cedarmore Collection and James F. Scott Estate Collection, which represent more than 40 years of exceptional collecting.
“The demand for authentic automobilia pieces has been on the rise over the last several years,” said Rory Brinkman, Automobilia Director of Barrett-Jackson. “What sets Barrett-Jackson apart is that all of our pieces are original. We have over 1,100 items all selling at No Reserve, which is unheard of in our industry. We’re especially excited to feature collections from two of the most renowned collectors of automobilia. This year’s Scottsdale auction is incredible and will have items for the beginner to most astute collector.”
Also among the most anticipated Automobilia set to cross the Scottsdale docket are:
- A rare circa 1939 Husky Gasoline “Gets You Thru” double sided porcelain sign (Lot #8901)
- A pair of male and female Husky Gasoline Gill-bodied globes (Lot #8910 and Lot #8911)
- A highly desirable Westland Buffalo Gasoline narrow-bodied milk-glass globe (Lot #8915)
- A pair of Rapid Dayton visible station gas pumps (Lot #9389.1 and Lot #9475)
- A 1950s Esso Aviation single-sided neon airport hangar sign (Lot #9394)
- A 1950s Donald Duck neon porcelain parking lot sign from Disneyland (Lot #9492)
2018 Barrett-Jackson Automobilia Auction Schedule:
- Mon. Jan. 15 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Tue. Jan. 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wed. Jan. 17 – 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Thu. Jan. 18 – 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Fri. Jan. 19 – 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Sat. Jan. 20 – 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Sun. Jan. 21 – 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The 2018 Scottsdale Auction docket is now available to view online. Click here to consign a vehicle or visit Barrett-Jackson.com/Bid for information on becoming a bidder. Advance tickets, all-week ticket packages and information on VIP Packages are available at Barrett-Jackson.com.