Palm Beach, Florida is dialing up its design quotient and becoming the ideal weekend getaway with fabulous sights, hospitality, shopping and opportunities to indulge in beautiful design just steps away from the beach.
Here are 5 reasons why Palm Beach should be on everyone’s travel list this winter:
- The Kips Bay Decorator Show House Palm Beach—the Florida iteration of the prestigious, four-decades-old designer Show House program in NYC—is returning to Palm Beach this January, enlisting over 20 of the nation’s most talented interior designers to transform a 10,000 square-foot Mediterranean-style mansion along the Intracoastal Waterway. Theatrical design statements will be on display by industry veterans Danielle Rollins, David Scott and Meg Braff, among others. The program raises money for the Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club and Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County.
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa– (pictured) the Forbes Five-Star Resort features renovated guest rooms designed by Jonathan Adler who brings his signature pops of color into the guest experience. What’s more, the resort is featuring a Kips Bay Decorator Show House Opening Weekend package, including tickets to the Show House and a Mediterranean breakfast for two at the resort’s Temple Orange Mediterranean Bistro. More information on the package can be found here.
- Downton Abbey: The Exhibition – After a wildly successful run in NYC, Downton Abbey: The Exhibition is wintering in South Florida, as the exhibition is now open in the heart of downtown West Palm Beach. Offering never-before-seen elements connecting fans to their favorite characters, costumes, locations and historic events of the era, visitors are transported on an incredible journey through the grand home of Downton Abbey and offered an inside look into the world of the Crawleys and those that served them below stairs. The series’ most recognizable and beloved sets, as well as over 50 of the show’s official costumes are on display for visitors to see. Images can be found here, courtesy of NBCUniversal International Studios.
- The reimaginedRoyal Poinciana Plaza offers one-of-a-kind luxury fashion/design shopping experiences. In its arrangement around a central courtyard with landscaping designed by Nievera Williams Design, the plaza echoes some of Europe’s legendary retail destinations, like the Palais Royal in Paris.
- West Palm’s design district—known locally as Antiques Row— features an array of shops and lifestyle showrooms such as Sean Rush Atelier. The area has also seen a surge of new, design-driven restaurants featuring spectacular chefs and cuisine.