With summer in full swing in Europe, luxury travelers are looking for the easiest and quickest ways to reach the coast. PrivateFly, the private jet booking platform, says that 35 per cent of its European clients in July and August are flying to airports that are less than an hour from a beach.
Carol Cork, Marketing Director at PrivateFly, said: “Throughout the year, we organise a broad mix of leisure and business flights, but during the summer months leisure dominates, with many clients jetting off to seaside destinations to relax with family or friends.
“With only a two or three-hour flight from London, Mediterranean beaches are easily accessible and travelling by private jet avoids the usual holiday time queues and delays at the airport. For those with families or busy work schedules, every minute counts and chartering a private aircraft allows you to design your own schedule and arrive at the airport just minutes before take-off. At some airports, a car can pick you up at the foot of the aircraft steps and drop you at the nearest beach!
“Other customers are heading to beaches further afield, hopping between islands in the Caribbean, Bahamas or Seychelles.”
Here, PrivateFly reveals the 10 top beach destinations with its clients this summer, all within an hour’s distance of an airport:
- Positano, Italy (Nearest airport: Naples)
- Mykonos, Greece (Nearest airport: Mykonos)
- Olbia, Italy (Nearest airport: Olbia)
- Menton, France (Nearest airport: Nice Côte d’Azur)
- Algarve, Portugal (nearest airport: Faro)
- Bonifacio, France (Nearest airport: Figari)
- Golden Horn, Croatia (Nearest airport: Brač) – pictured
- Bassin d’Arcachon, France (Nearest airport: Bordeaux Merignac)
- St Barts, French Caribbean (Nearest airport: St. Barthelemy)
- Anse Source d’Argent, Seychelles (Nearest airport: Praslin)